User access to DESelect Engage is managed by the standard Salesforce Marketing Cloud Installed Package licensing functionality. Once a user has been given access to the DESelect Engage Installed Package, (s)he can open DESelect Engage via the AppExchange menu. No additional setup is required in DESelect Engage.
Inside DESelect Engage, administrators have the permission to manage the user licenses by navigating the Admin Panel > Users.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud > Set Up
- Go to the DESelect Engage Installed Package via Setup > Platform Tools > Apps > Installed Packages > DESelect Engage
- Click on the Access tab to enable/disable access per user/business unit
- Save the changes
Important note: During the Setup step in SFMC, you will be able to give DESelect Engage access to as many users as you wish. However, if your license amount is limited to a lower number than the selected users in SFMC (let's say only 5 licenses were purchased and you granted access to 10 users), the first 5 users that will access DESelect Engage will be able to enter DESelect Engage.
Once the users have attempted to access DESelect Engage, it is possible to reassign the licences to the desired users in the Admin Panel as we’ll explain in this article.
Access DESelect Engage
- Refresh the page
- Go to AppExchange menu and click on DESelect Engage
Once these users have accessed DESelect Engage for the first time, they will automatically appear in DESelect Engage, under Admin Panel > Users.
Please note that:
- If there are available licenses for your organisation, the users will be set as Active and get access automatically.
- If there are not enough available user licenses, the users will get a warning message saying that (s)he needs to reach out to their administrator.
Admin Panel > Users
From the Admin Panel, administrators have the permission to set any user as active/inactive or give a user administrative rights.
- Keep in mind that you can have as many active users as licenses you have acquired. Please note that, if you have a DESelect user for support purposes, it won’t count as a consumed license.
- To change the parameters of a user, click on the user's name and tick the checkboxes needed.
- Users can have any of the following 3 roles: Admin, Read-only, Campaign Manager:
- Admin users can view and edit all sections of the Admin Panel. They can also create and edit Sends within DESelect Engage.
- Read-only users do not have access to the Admin Panel. They can view the Campaign Calendar in read-only mode and use only the existing Sends in the Journey Builder component.
- Campaign Manager users do not have access to the Admin Panel. They can create and edit Sends within DESelect Engage.
Important Note: It's not possible to create users/ edit usernames or passwords from the Admin Panel; it needs to be done on SFMC's Set Up page (when having the right permissions to do so).
Transferring user licenses
- Inactivate a user in DESelect Engage from the Admin Panel > Users, to ensure there is one available license to assign to the desired user.
- Make sure the new user you want to activate is enabled in SFMC > Set Up.
- Ask the new user to access DESelect Engage. Now the new user will appear as active in the Admin Panel > Users.