In your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account hover over AppExchange and click on DESelect.
Overview of DESelect
When you open DESelect you will see an overview page.
Here you can find Selections that you or your colleagues created. You can edit the existing selections, copy them, or remove them.
You can search for selections using the search bar.
How do I create my first selection?
First off, you're going to create a new selection. In order to do that, click on New Selection on the right-hand side. You will see the menu with 3 steps here: Selection Criteria, Target Definition, and Preview.
Here we select the criteria for our segmentation.
- Provide a name for your new selection on the left-hand side before starting off with a new selection.
- Below you find a section: Available Data Extensions. Here you can find all the Data Extensions that are available in this business unit for this SFMC account. Also, you can search for Data Views here.
Note: All Data Views start with an underscore, so you can easily distinguish them from Data Extensions. Example: _Sent.
- Choose a Data Extension or Data View that you would like to filter on and drag-and-drop it to the right.
- You can provide an alias for your Data Extension or Data View at this moment for convenience purposes (the initial name of the data extension won’t be changed).
The moment your Data Extension appears in the Selected Data Extensions section, you can see that all the fields from the Data Extension are added in the section below called Available Fields.
Note: All the Available Fields are ready to use immediately
If you want to combine several data extensions follow these steps:
- Drag-and-drop the new Data Extension on top of the one on the right.
- Choose a relationship between the Data Extensions.
Next Step: How can you combine two Data Extensions?