Selected Data Extension cannot be found. Normally, this is the message you will get when a Selected Data Extension has been deleted (accidentally) - this is a broken Selection.
However, DESelect Segment has implemented a feature that will make it possible to automatically fix a broken Selection. In this case, a user still has a chance to access a broken Selection.
DESelect Segment will fix a broken Selection if the Data Extension that was deleted was replaced with a new one with the same External/Customer Key and fields.
Important note: There is no way in the SFMC interface to get the External/Customer Key of the deleted Data Extension apart from contacting the Salesforce support team. As a best practice, DESelect recommends changing the External/Customer Key to be the same as the Data Extension Name as this is easier to remember.
- Go to Email Studio > Email > Subscriber > Data Extension
- Click on the Data Extension and copy the name
- Under External Key, paste the Data Extension name
- Click Done
This is how the process looks like step by step:
- When accessing the Selection with a deleted Selected Data Extension, a message will appear on the user's screen mentioning that the Selection can not open because Data Extension 'x' was deleted.
- Then, the user will create a new Data Extension with the same External key and fields.
- Lastly, the user will go back to the broken Selection, open it and a message will appear that this Selection was Autofixed. It is important that the user clicks on the Save button to save the Autofixed Selection.
The user will be notified about the successful fix and indicate which Data Extension was replaced. Otherwise, the user will also be notified in case the Selection cannot be fixed.
In case you need the old External Key or Customer Key, please raise a support ticket.
Related Article: August '21 Release Notes