Note: The scenario below uses data from the DESelect Demo Data Package.
Scenario: You want to make sure all gender values in your DESelect_DEMO_Customers Data Extension are valid. Acceptable values are 'M' and 'F'. All other values should be replaced with the 'N/A' value.
Note: This scenario uses feature Custom Values, which is available in DESelect Plus and Advanced.
1. Selection Criteria
On the selections overview screen, click on New to create a new selection.
Drag data extension DESELECT_DEMO_Customers to the Selected Data Extensions section.
2. Target Data Extension
Hit the Create Data Extension button, enter a name, eg. Customers with gender validation, and press Save.
Select the following fields by either double-clicking on them or dragging them to the section on the right:
- Click on Add all fields button in DESelect_DEMO_Customers Data Extension.
Click Save Data Extension.
Now we're going to add a Custom Value:
- Under Custom Values on the left, click Add new value.
- Under Name, enter: Gender and hit Next.
- Choose Type: Dynamic Value.
- For Field Type, choose Text.
- Add criteria:
- Click on Add Criteria
- Drag Gender to the section on the right
- Criteria: In
- Value: M,F
- Click Save
- Next to Then, click on the toggle icon.
- Select the DESelect_DEMO_Customers Gender column from the available dropdowns.
- Fill in 'N/A' as the default value.
- Hit Save.
Click on the Delete icon next to the Gender field mapping and map it with the custom value we just created.
The logic defined above will, for each row, check the value of Gender, and keep the original values if valid. Otherwise, it will replace the value with 'N/A'.
Click on Run Preview button.
Please sign in to leave a comment.