Note: The scenario below uses data from the DESelect Demo Data Package.
Scenario: You want to get customers for your birthday campaign.
1. Selection Criteria
On the selections overview screen, click on New to create a new selection.
Drag DESELECT_DEMO_Customers to the Selected Data Extensions section.
We want to filter on only the customers whose birthday is at the date we are running the selection.
- Drag field Birthday to the Filters section
- Choose criteria: Equals
- Choose date filter type: Relative
- Choose: Today
2. Target Definition
Hit the Create Data Extension button, enter a name, eg. Best 50 Customers, and press Save.
Select all the fields by clicking on the Add All Fields button.
Click Save Data Extension.
On the top bar click on the scheduling icon.
On the pop-up that shows up:
- Click on the Set up selection to run automatically toggle icon to turn scheduling on.
- Click on Repeat to run the selection recursively.
- Click on Daily, so that the results get updated on a daily basis.
- Set the frequency to every 1 day at 00:00.
- Click on Schedule.
Click on the Save button.
Now your Target Data Extension will get updated every day at midnight with the people who have their birthday on each day.
Please sign in to leave a comment.