Note: The scenario below uses data from the DESelect Demo Data Package.
Scenario: You want to get all customer information, along with the number of orders they placed.
Note: This scenario uses the feature Aggregations, which is available in DESelect Plus and DESelect Advanced.
1. Selection Criteria
On the selections overview screen, click on New to create a new selection.
Drag DESELECT_DEMO_Customers to the Selected Data Extensions section.
2. Target Definition
Hit the Create Data Extension button, enter a name, eg. Customers With Number of Orders, and press Save.
Select all the fields by clicking on the Add All Fields button.
Now we're going to add a Custom Value:
- Under Custom Values on the left, click Add new value.
- Under Name, enter: Number of Orders and hit Next.
- Choose Type: Aggregation.
- Choose Count on the Aggregation Function dropdown.
- Select Data Extension to make the aggregation on:
- Below the Field section, on the first dropdown select DESELECT_DEMO_Orders.
- Below the Field section, on the second dropdown select Id.
- Create the relation between your aggregation Data Extension and your Selected Data Extensions:
- Below the Relation to results section, next to the Field label, select CustomerId from the dropdown.
- Below the Relation to results section, next to the matches with label, select DESelect_DEMO_Customers from the first dropdown.
- Below the Relation to results section, next to the matches with label, select Id from the second dropdown.
- Hit Save.
Drag and drop your Number Of Orders custom value to your Target Data Extension.
Click Save Data Extension.
When you click Run Preview on the Preview screen, a results table will be shown. Each row in the Number Of Orders column will contain the number of orders the customer with the corresponding Id placed.