Note: The scenario below uses data from the DESelect Demo Data Package.
Scenario: You want to get the Company Name of all Accounts of which the lowest value Order has an amount of less than 10 euro.
Note: this scenario uses feature Formula's in Subqueries, which is available in DESelect Plus and Advanced.
1. Selection Criteria
On the selections overview screen, click on New to create a new selection.
Drag data extension DESELECT_DEMO_Accounts to the Selected Data Extensions section.
Drag field Id to the Filters section:
- Choose criteria: In Results
- From the dropdown select Data Extension DESelect_DEMO_Orders.
- Choose field AccountId
Now we have indicated we want to get the Accounts whose Id appears in the Orders data extension. However, we want to filter on only the Accounts of which the lowest value Order has an amount of less than 100 euro.
- Click on the funnel icon on the newly created filter.
- In the modal that opens up:
- Drag field Amount to the Filters section.
- Choose criteria: Smaller than.
- Click on the formula icon, and choose Minimum. You'll see the formula icon turn green and the field name change to Minimum of Amount.
- For the value, choose: 100.
We will now be filtering based on the minimum of the amounts of the Orders per Account; this has to be smaller than 100.
2. Target Data Extension
Hit the Create Data Extension button, enter a name, eg. Accounts with small Orders, and press Save.
Select the following fields by either double-clicking on them or dragging them to the section on the right:
- Company Name from DESELECT_DEMO_Accounts
Click Save Data Extension.
When you click Run Preview on the Preview screen, a results table will be shown with field Company Name from DESELECT_DEMO_Accounts.
The results table shows only Accounts of which the lowest value Order has an amount of less than 100 euro.