Note: The scenario below uses data from the DESelect Demo Data Package.
Scenario: You want to get the details of all Contacts that have not received any emails in the last 14 days.
Watch the video tutorial on how to implement this scenario or follow the steps below.
Note: this scenario uses feature Formula's in Subqueries, which is available in DESelect Plus and Advanced.
1. Selection Criteria
On the selections overview screen, click on New to create a new selection.
Drag the DESELECT_DEMO_Contacts data extension to the Selected Data Extensions section.
Drag field Email to the Filters section
- Choose criteria: Not In Results
- In the Not In Results dropdown, select data view _Sent. The _Sent data view contains the details of all emails that are sent from Marketing Cloud.
- Choose field _SubscriberKey as the matching column for the Data View.
Now we have indicated we want to get the Contacts whose email does not appear in the _Sent data view. However, we want to filter on only the emails from the last 2 weeks, so we'll limit the results of the _Sent data view.
- Click on the funnel icon on the newly created filter.
- In the modal that opens up:
- Drag field EventDate to the Filters section
- Choose criteria: Is after or on
- Choose date filter type: Relative
- Choose: 14, Days, Before Today
2. Target Definition
Hit the Create Data Extension button, enter a name, eg. Contacts without recent Emails, and press Save.
Select the following fields by either double-clicking on them or dragging them to the section on the right:
- First Name, Last Name, and Email from DESELECT_DEMO_Contacts
Click Save Data Extension.
When you click Run Preview on the Preview screen, a results table will be shown with fields First Name, Last Name, and Email from DESELECT_DEMO_Contacts.
The results table shows only Contact that have not received any emails in the last 14 days. Note we did not enter an exact date; whenever we run this selection, we'll always get Contacts without an Email in the last 14 days as the date comparison is dynamic and based on the time of execution of the query.