Available for all DESelect Segment Paid Subscription Plans.
When creating new sendable Target Data Extensions, admins can define a default Send Relationship setting. Sendable Data Extensions have one field that relates to their Contacts either through Subscriber Key or Subscriber Id. Enabling this setting will not affect any sendable Target Data Extensions previously created, but will ensure every new sendable DE used in DESelect going forward, has the right field configured in the Send Relationship.
This can be very helpful to avoid setting the wrong Send Relationship, with the consequences it can have in your All Subscribers billing with Salesforce.
The feature in a nutshell:
- You can define a default setting for the name of the field that you always configure in the Send Relationship (normally, the name of the Contact Id/Email that you use in Data Extensions as the starting point of your Selections)
- Once this is in place if a user creates a Sendable DE
- DESelect will automatically select the field with that name as part of the Send Relationship, if present
- If not present, DESelect will leave the Send Relationship empty forcing the user to define it before they can save it
- However, the user will be able to edit the Send Relationship afterward
- If the user tries to create the Selection with a field named different than what you defined in the Default Send Relationship, they will receive a warning message
To do this:
- Go to Admin Panel > Settings.
- Click on Show Relationship in the Send Relationship Settings section.
- Enable this feature by sliding the Default Setting toggle to the right. It turns blue and has a checkmark when this feature has been enabled properly.
- In the Send Relationship free input box the admin can enter the name of a specific field that will be used as the default Send Relationship setting and choose whether to create this relationship with either the Subscriber Key or Subscriber Id. Important to note: the field name is case-sensitive.
In the screenshot below one can see that Id is related to Subscriber Key.
Note: the name of the field entered in the Send Relationship free input box is case sensitive.
When a new Sendable Target Data Extension gets created in a Selection, this default Send Relationship will already be set if the Target Data Extension has the field that matches the default. Remember that the field name set in the Admin Panel is case-sensitive and so if the system can’t find a field in the Target Data Extension that matches this default setting, it will leave the Send Relationship field blank.
The user can always modify this relationship or select a field from the available fields defined in the newly to be created Target Data Extension to create a Send Relationship before saving the Data Extension by clicking on the expand arrows in the Send Relationship input box.
In case the Send Relationship setting is blank, you will see the below error upon trying to save the Data Extension.
In case the field in the Send Relationship is different than the default setting, a warning message will appear upon trying to save the Data Extension.