Aggregation is a type of Custom Values that enables the users to aggregate multiple values of a Data Extension/Data View that include:
- Sum also known as SUM in SQL
- Average also known as AVG in SQL
- Count also known as COUNT in SQL
- Minimum also known as MIN in SQL
- Maximum also known as MAX in SQL
Aggregation is supported in two modes:
- Basic Mode: You can use the Basic aggregation when you have a Predefined Relation between the DEs. See this article to learn more.
- Advanced Mode: You need to use Advanced Aggregation when you See this article to know more. Don’t have a Predefined Relation? See this article to learn more.
Watch this video to learn more about Aggregation Custom Value.
How to create an Aggregation Custom Value?
- Go to Custom Values section > Add new value button
- Provide a name for the Custom Value > Aggregation > Click Next
- On the Aggregation function, choose the type of aggregation you want to use
- On the Field, select the field that you want to aggregate on
- In case you have additional filters on this specific aggregation, click Edit Filters. A modal will pop up and you can create the conditions that you want to apply > click Save
- Save and drag-and-drop the new Custom Value to the Target Data Extension fields
You want to get all customer information, along with the number of orders they placed.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to achieve this.
You can also create reusable Custom Values. Follow this link to learn how to create reusable Custom Values.