Note: The scenario below uses data from the DESelect Demo Data Package.
Scenario: You have a Data Extension (Contacts) with contacts that you want to add to an existing list of contacts. When you add the new contacts you also want to add the date each record was added to the list at the local timezone to which they belong (e.g. CEST).
Note: This scenario uses the feature Custom Values, which is available in DESelect Plus and Advanced.
1. Selection Criteria
On the overview of the selection, click on New Selection to create a new one.
Drag Data Extension DESELECT_DEMO_Contacts to the Selected Data Extensions section.
2. Target Data Extension
Hit the Create Data Extension button, enter a name, e.g. Contacts Target, and press Save.
On the section on the left click on Add all fields.
Click Save Data Extension.
Now we're going to add a Custom Value:
- Under Custom Values on the left, click Add new value.
- Under Name, enter: Contact Added and hit Next.
- Choose Type: Apply formula to a field.
- Choose Type: Timestamp.
After this, a modal will pop up to do the settings.
- Under Format, choose the format that you want to have either date and time, or only date. In this case, select Now to include both date and time.
- Switch the Convert timezone toggle on.
- Under Convert from timezone, by default is the CST (as this is what SFMC server uses).
- Under Convert to timezone, choose the timezone to which you want to convert your timestamp to, in this case, choose the Central European Standard Time (CEST).
- Click Save.
The logic defined above will, for each row, generate the current date and time and convert it to the Central European Standard Time (CEST) timezone.
Now that the custom value Contact Added has been created, we can add it to the Target Data Extension fields.
- Click on the gear icon > Edit Target Data Extension fields.
- Drag-and-drop the Contact Added field to the Target Data Extension fields.
- Click Update Target Data Extension > Update.
When you click Run Preview on the Preview screen, a results table will be shown with fields:
- All fields from DESELECT_DEMO_Contacts.
- Contact Added, populated with the current date and time in the Central European Standard Time (CEST) timezone.