Perform the following steps on the Target Definition screen:
- Click the Create Data Extension button.
- A modal will appear where you provide a name, description, and location of your Data Extension.
- Indicate if your new Data Extension needs to be sendable and/or testable.
- Click Save.
- Now you can see all the fields from the Selected Data Extensions on the left.
- Choose the fields that you would like to see in your new Target Data Extension. Select them by:
- drag-and-dropping them to the right.
- double-clicking on them.
- clicking the Add all fields button to add all fields of a selected Data Extension at once.
- Fields on the right-hand side will constitute your Target Data Extension.
- On the Target Data Extension fields, you can click on the pencil icon and see the details of the field. You can edit: name, length of the field, and indicate if it’s a Primary Key and/or Nullable.
- If you are satisfied with your new Data Extension, click Create Data Extension. Alternatively, click Cancel to return to the mapping screen without creating the new Data Extension.
- Click Create.
Your new Data Extension is now created in Marketing Cloud and available to use within DESelect to write the results of your selection.
Note: a mapping has automatically been created as well, so you don't have to worry about that anymore. For example, if you created a Target Data Extension with fields Id and Email from a Contacts Data Extension, the Id field of Contacts will be mapped to the Id field of your new Data Extension, and the same applies to the Email field.