Running a Selection means executing the Selection and writing the results to your Target Data Extension.
It's recommended to first run a Preview before executing the final Run of your Selection.
If you are satisfied with the results of your Preview:
- Hit the Run button on the Selection
- Now you will be redirected to the Overview page, where you can see the status of your Selection change. It will move from an orange processing icon to a green checkmark when completed. If the query fails, a red warning icon appears which you can click to get the details of the error.
- As soon as the Selection is queued, you'll see the Last Run column be updated with the current date-time.
- Once the Selection is completed, you'll see the calculation of the amount record goes through the same stages. Once completed, in the Records column you'll see the number of records in your result.
- All the results of your Selections are now written to the Target Data Extension.
Next Step: What happens if the Selection fails?