Copying a Standard or Shared Custom Value is possible within a Selection, with the purpose of directly duplicating and editing an existing Custom Value, eliminating the need to create a new Custom Value from scratch each time.
How to copy a Shared Custom Value?
DESelect recommendation is to always copy a Shared Custom Value instead of using it directly in your Target Data Extension, as in case of any changes made to the original Shared Custom Value in the Admin Panel, this would affect all Selections where this Shared Custom Value is being used.
- Go to Target Definition step > Custom Values
- Click on Shared tab
- Select the Shared Custom Value you want to copy
Note: The View icon allows you to see the Shared Custom Value structure on lock mode.
4. Click on the Copy icon
5. The “Copy Custom Value” pop-up page will appear > rename this as you wish > Click Ok
Note: It is recommended to rename a Custom Value after copying it from a Shared one - to differentiate it from its original version.
6. The copied version of the Custom Value will now appear in the Standard column
Pencil icon: The Pencil icon allows you to modify the structure of your Custom Value
7. Once your Custom Value is ready to use, drag and drop this into the Target DE
How to copy a Standard Custom Value?
Copying a Standard Custom Value is duplicating it for editing purposes - when you copy it, a duplicate will appear below the original one.
- Go to Custom Values > Standard
- Select one Standard Custom Value and click on its Copy icon
3. The “Copy Custom Value” pop-up page will appear > rename this as you wish > Click Ok
Note: It is mandatory to rename a Standard Custom Value after copying it from another Standard one - to differentiate it from its original version. If you do not do this, you will not be able to save it and will receive the following error:
4. The Custom Value will now be duplicated - appearing under the original Custom Value
You can now Edit this copied version by clicking on the Pencil icon
5. Once your Custom Value is ready to use, drag and drop this into the Target DE